The First Coordination Meeting
The First coordination meeting for the project 544524-2013-1-PL-TEMPUS-SMHES ‘Qualifications Frameworks for Environmental Science at Ukrainian Universities – QANTUS’ was held on 14 – 15 April 2014 on the premises of Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland). Project partners from the universities of Spain, Austria, Italy, Poland, Belgium and Ukraine took part in the meeting.
In a welcoming speech the project co-ordinator Stefan Ignar threw light on the essence, aims and expected results from implementation of the project. Then during the whole first day of the meeting all project partners were given time to represent their educational establishments and research institutions.
During the second day of the meeting the main issues related to the project topic: ‘Introduction of qualifications framework for Environmental Science at Ukrainian universities’, were considered. This topic was directly covered by the presentations of Professor Marek Frankowicz (Jagiellonian University, Poland), EU expert in the implementation of the Bologna system, Professor Vadym Zakharchenko (Odessa National Maritime Academy, Ukraine) and Professor Jozef Mosiej (Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland).
As a result of the coordination meeting, specific groups with involvement of the Ukrainian and European partners were arranged.
The meeting had united the project team and inspired them to further fruitful work.
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland): Stefan Ignar, Monika Techmanska, Jozef Mosiej.
- Odessa National Maritime Academy (Ukraine): Vadym Zakharchenko, Anastasiya Shestakova.
- Odessa State Environmental University (Ukraine): Sergiy Stepanenko, Anatolii Polovyi.
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Ukraine): Hanna Titenko, Kateryna Utkina.
- National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine (Ukraine): Viktor Kalenskii, Oksana Zazymko.
- Lviv National Agrarian University (Ukraine): Vitalij Boiarchuk, Olga Ishchenko.
- Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University (Ukraine): Oleksandr Bonkovskyi, Tetyana Dyman.
- Uman National University of Horticulture (Ukraine): Ivan Mostoviak, Viktor Karpenko.
- Science and Methodology Centre for Agricultural Education (Ukraine): Olga Getia.
- Institute of Innovative Technologies and Educational Content (Ukraine): Natalia Tymoshenko.
- Institute of Ecology of the Carpathians NASU (Ukraine): Volodymyr Rozhak.
- State Department of Enviromental Protection in Odessa Region (Ukraine): Ivar Motin.
- University of Pavia (Italy): Andrea Capodaglio.
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (Austria): Willibald Loiskandl.
- Jagiellonian University (Poland): Lucjan Chmielarz, Marek Frankowicz.
- University of Lleida (Spain): Francisca Santiveri.
- University of Genova (Italy): Vincenzo Bianco.
- Association for European Life Science Universities (Belgium): Simon Heath.
Stefan Ignar – Objectives and expected activities of QANTUS project
Marek Frankowicz – Sectoral qualifications frameworks
Vadym Zakharchenko – Devepoment and implementation of the National Qualifications Framework in Ukraine
Presentations of the participating organizations: